Melbourne University Press (MUP) is seeking a Marketing and Sales Coordinator
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020).
MUP is Australia’s largest and oldest university press, now moving into an exciting new stage of growth with a fresh focus on issues of strong interest and importance for local, national and international readers.
The Position – Key Responsibilities
· Coordinating direct sales orders including order processing and delivery
· Generating sales reports for a range of channels
· Selling at offsite conferences / book fairs as required and appropriate
· Providing sales and marketing materials to distributors (in Australia and overseas)
· Providing customer service support from phone calls and email enquiries
· Coordination of MUP’s monthly newsletter and other targeted communications
· Creating social media content including social media advertising
· Creating content for the MUP blog
· Submitting literary awards applications
· Managing office and event stock
· Bookseller support
· Assisting with the management of book metadata
· Reception and office management
Our Ideal Candidate
· 2+ years of experience in a marketing, sales, or customer service role
· Book publishing industry experience is preferable
· University graduate
· The ability to navigate a range of systems with ease, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MailChimp, CRM, etc.
· Punctual and reliable
· Highly organised and able to efficiently manage multiple projects
· Very good attention to detail
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· A can-do attitude
· Resilient, with the ability to move through change and pressure
Applications with CV and covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 29, 2021.